Frequently Asked Questions
read our faqs and contact us if you don't find the answer
ORGANICA INFORMATION SHEET:
The World's First Safe Fuel Alternative! Organica fireplace fuel is manufactured in the USA / Organica has patents applied for / Organica is a liquid slightly thicker than water / Organica is a byproduct of advanced biofuel technology / Organica is competitively priced and delivers higher yield of performance than gel products / Fuel cans are fitted with a proprietary media insert to utilize Organica fuel / The media insert within the can (supplied) renders the burner spill proof and assures a long and consistent burn rate / Organica will burn up to 1 1/2 times longer than the same quantity of regular gel fuel / The Organica flame burns with hues of blue, orange and yellow / An accidental Organica fire is extinguished using water, water spray, dry chemical, foam or CO2 / ECOFuel has been tested by Southwest Research Labs, Precision Analytical Labs, Natick Labs (US Military) / ECOFuel technology was recognized by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a finalist in the 2002 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards / ECOFuel Organica products have been certified by the US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) as 100% Bio-based / ECOFuel Organica products are listed on the Federally mandated BioPreferred Purchase Program / ECOFuel Organica is classified as Non-flammable with a flash point of 265 degrees F. Organica is safe for air transport and offers a two year shelf life / ECOFuel Organica has the lowest emissions of any type of fuel. Gels average 235ppm. Organica average 45ppm. This makes it safe for both indoor and outdoor use.
ORGANICA ANTICIPATED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. Q: How much should the wick stick out of the media? A: About 1/4" (6mm)
2. Q: How long will the media last within the can? A: 15 to 20 burns, possibly more if not exposed to rain or dust.
3. Q: How much Organica should I put in the can? A: Fill the space from the media to the top of the cans inner lip, let it absorb and fill it again. Let it absorb and light the wick.
4. Q: When can I refuel my burn can? A: Look carefully into the burn can to make sure the flame is out. Although Organica burns close to the top of the cup, the flame is difficult to see in sunlight. Allow the cup to cool for 15 minutes before refueling.
5. Q: When I use Organica indoors will I be bothered by emissions? A: Organica has the lowest emissions of any fuel, 45ppm (parts per million) compared to 235ppm for alcohol/ethanol fuels. This makes Organica safe for both indoor and outdoor use. It is always advisable when burning any material to have adequate ventilation. You will notice wisps of smoke at the end of the burn. This is your signal to snuff the fire out.
6. Q: How does a non-flammable liquid like Organica burn? A: All materials burn (support combustion). The question is at what temperature? The US Municipal Fire Code (MUFC) determines any material that has a flash point 160F (70C) or above is classified non-flammable. Under the Workplace Hazardous materials Information System, WHMIS, flammable liquids have a flashpoint below 37.8F (100F). Organica's flash point is 130C (265F), which is much safer than alcohol/ethanol fuels that have flashpoints as low as 12C (53F).
7. Q: Where should I store my Organica fuel? A: There are no restrictions or special requirements for Organica. Organica is nonhazardous and needs only relatively cool, dry storage and tightly capped bottles.
8. Q: Should I be concerned about my children or pets accidentally consuming Organica? A: Organica has a very low toxicity rating, however; if this should happen, follow directions on the bottle. It is always advisable to keep Organica stored away from children and pets.
9. Q: How do I extinguish an accidental Organica fire? A: Use a spray, damp cotton towel, or a dry chemical, foam or CO2 extinguisher.
10. Q: Is Organica competitively priced? A: Yes, Organica will burn up to 1 1/2 times longer than the same quantity of alcohol/ethanol fuels. Then consider the excellent safety margins in flash point, emission, toxicity and storage. PRICELESS!
11. Q: How does kosher certification apply to Organica? A: The Orthodox Union has strict requirements to meet OU certification. Organica is considered a natural form meeting the criteria of purity, quality and certain processes in manufacturing. Organica has received OU Kosher certification.
12. Q: Has Organica been tested? A: ECOFuel has been tested by the top independent environmental test laboratories in the United States that work with the USEPA, the USDA and other government agencies. This positions ECOFuel products in a class of their own as the only canned fuel with government recognition and certification. ECOFuel technology was a finalist in the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the 2002 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards. Seven ECOFuel Organica products have been certified by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) as 100% biobased.
Decorpro Fireburners: Please read this FAQ thoroughly and follow the instructions contained exactly in order to ensure safe handling of your new Decorpro Fireburner. Any kind of modifications of a Decorpro Fireburner is strictly prohibited. Any any all regulations are to be adhered to.
Intended Use: All Decorpro Firebuners have been developed for indoor and outdoor use (with the exception of LEVEL / LEVEL Compact / VERTIKAL / VERTIKAL Micro / PODIUM which are to be used indoors only). Any other use of the product(s) will be at the owners risk.
Safety Instructions: Do not use any product(s) before thoroughly reading the operating instructions / installation guide(s). Always place on a safe and even surface that ensures that the item cannot be pushed over or struck. Ensure sufficient ventilation inside the room while operating. Products are not toys and must not be used by individuals under the age of 16. When using the Fireburners, please always be aware of the fact that you are in contact with an open flame, which requires careful and responsible handling. Never mix the fuel with other fuels. Do not blow into the flame or try to blow out the fire. Always follow the operating instructions contained on the label of the fuel. We advise any and all individuals with respiratory problems not to stay in rooms in which the Decorpro Fireburners are operational. Never leave a fire unattended! Never leave children unsupervised while Decorpro Fireburners are in operation.
How To Use: Your Fireburner contains a removable CUP (with hole in bottom) or fuel tin reservoir. The CUP (with hole in bottom) or fuel tin reservoir is designed to ONLY accept one 3-3/8"Dia x 4"H fuel tin. Incase you have spilt fuel and you cannot access the place of the spilt fuel, wait until the fuel outside the tin has been entirely cleaned up and no fuel residues are no longer present before you light the fuel. Ensure fuel and Fireburner product are well secured before lighting.
Igniting The Fire: Check that the fuel source has been inserted correctly. For lighting the fuel, we recommend that you always use a bar lighter (utility lighter). Depending on the fuel's temperature, it may take some time before the flame will reach its full height. Under certain circumstances, the fuel might not inflame itself immediately; therefore, please be extremely careful during further ignition attempts.
IMPORTANT: Never refill a Sunjel Fuel container tin. Do not smoke while you insert the fuel container. Always keep enough distance during ignition. Some components of the Fireburner are made of metal and/or glass. After igniting the fuel, these elements can build up high temperatures. If the fuel spills out of the fuel canister tin put out the fire with a fire blanket or extinguisher - NEVER USE WATER -. Only use compatible Organica BioFire Safety Fuel or Sunjel fuel.
Extinguishing The Fire: Never blow into the flame or try to blow out the fire. To extinguish the fire, carefully place the "SNUFFER or extinguishing lid" on the opening of the fuel container. Hold the "SNUFFER" on the upper part of its handle and slowly place the round disk over the top of the burning fuel container until fully extinguished. CAUTION: The fuel container is very hot and you can easily burn yourself on the flame! We recommend that you use a heatproof glove or similar item for this. Placing the lid on top of the fuel container will interrupt the oxygen supply, and the flame will die down.
Fuel: The fuel is a flammable product. Keep the packaging away from the open flames, heat and ignition sources. Always store the fuel in a dark, dry and cool place. Never expose it to external heat sources. Keep it out of reach of children. Do not ingest. In case of ingestion, immediately contact a physician or the poison centre.
Yes, we are just finalizing the relationship with the fuel manufacturer and hope to have the product in stock and ready for delivery very soon!
Both the Chrome and Painted Cups have a hole in the bottom for important 3 reasons.
1- When using the Fireburner products outside this hole allows the rain water not to collect and keeps the Cup free from rain water collection.
2- When using a Fuel Canister / Pillar Candle or 4" potted plant the hole allows the user to remove the inserted item easier by using their finger from the bottom and pushing the item up. (Never remove the Fuel Canister while its burning or still hot to the touch)
3- The hole was most importantly designed to stop users from filling the Chrome and/or Painted Cup from being filled with fuel directly without the use of a specifically designed Fuel Canister.
Yes!, All of our "Fire Burners" products come with a SNUFFER so that you don't have to look for a way to put out the fire when you are finished enjoying the wonderfull mood the products create.
At the top end of the snuffer is a Gel Can opener for your convienience.
Yes, of course. For your utmost security we process all of our online sales through PayPal. If you are not a PalPal member, well no problem, just select the "Don't have a PayPal account?" tab after checkout and proceed using one of the other selected payments.
Not found the answer?
feel free to contact us today
North America Toll Free: 1.866.252.2605
Toll Free: 1.866.252.2605
Here at Decorpro we are dedicated to our customer support. Feel free to give us a call or stop by for any inquiries you may have. We are conveniently located in downtown Toronto just west of Davisville station.
21-A Kilbarry Road
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm